El Puerto de Santa Maria
Spectacular beaches/authentic Andalucian town/great restaurants and night life/historic city where Columbus set sail from
El Puerto de Santa Maria is the perfect to learn Spanish in the idyllic setting of Cádiz province. Boasting everything from sunny beaches and glorious sea views, to ancient castles and trendy cocktail bars, El Puerto is where the Spanish themselves come on holiday and is little-known outside of Andalusia. This makes it the perfect spot to come and take part in a Spanish course, and the town and locals offer everything you could wish for and more.
- Visit the Plaza de Toros, Spain’s largest bull ring
- Take a stroll along one of El Puerto’s many stunning beaches
- Feast on Andalusian seafood at El Puerto’s finest restaurants
- Go on a bodega crawl, sampling different local sherries
- Buy souvenirs at the riverside gypsy market on Tuesday morning
- Enjoy a night out at one of El Puerto’s many tapas and cocktail bars
- Town full of Spanish tourism NOT international, perfect to practice Spanish.
Have a question about El Puerto de Santa Maria?