Intensive classes for rapid learning / topics connected to real Spanish you use outside the classroom / dynamic friendly native teachers
Active Spanish Classes
The 20 hours of classes included in Español Total allow the student to practise all the different areas of the Spanish language in a way that ensures a rapid development of their communicative and language abilities. This includes speaking and listening activities, classroom discussions and presentations, written exercises, and role plays. We believe that learning a language is about much more than grammar rules and drilling vocabulary, and should always be interactive and stimulating. We strive to put language into context and give you sufficient opportunities to practise it in real situation via engaging activities and challenges in class. Read more about our methodology here.
- 20 hours of full immersion Spanish classes every week
- Experienced native Spanish teachers
- Studying hours of 09.30-13.30 daily (11.15-11.30 break)
- Average of 4-6 students per class, maximum 9
- Minimum age of 16
- Available for all levels, from absolute beginners (A1) to proficiency (C2)
- Books and all material included in the Español Total price
- Classes prepare you for languages to use in the cultural activities and outside the classroom in general.
- Min. one of the Spanish teachers stays in the Sparkville residence.
Have a question about Spanish classes?
Context to practice language learning in class / city trips /cultural experiences / fantastic fun + bonding
Trip to local bodega
New students are welcomed with drinks and lunch
Español Total includes our action-packed activity programme, an opportunity to meet new people, and practise your Spanish outside of the classroom, explore El Puerto, visit the Cádiz province and experience real Spanish cultural activities. You will be blown away by the spectacular towns and cities, the rich Andalusian culture, its cuisine and its wonderful people.
Cultural activities can include
- Going out for tapas, sherry or wine tasting
- Cooking classes
- Flamenco and Horse-riding shows
- Exploring our amazing El Puerto de Santa Maria and all its hidden gems
- Visiting beautiful beaches
- Day trips to beautiful cities or little villages in the Cádiz province
- Hiking in the mountains
- Spanish breakfast
- “Solo Español” speaking activities in cultural contexts
- And much more!
Have a question about Cultural Activities at Spark?
Drinks with Mario!
Español Total students learn Flamenco as part of the day’s cultural activity
Cycling to El Castillo
Trip to local bodega
Performance by Spanish musicians
Key information about Español en Acción programme
This innovative programme teaches students Spanish language to use in a cultural event, then sets challenges that must be achieved during that event. Our friendly rule of Spanish only means the amount of Spanish used is incredible!
Besides practising your Spanish language skills, the cultural events enable you to discover Spain. We will show you parts of the Cádiz province that you never knew existed, and you can discover this beautiful part of Spain that is almost only known by Spanish tourists. In these unique places, we have found fabulous restaurants and spots to enjoy spectacular Andalusian sunsets, experience the amazing culture and much more.
The cultural events are coordinated by Spark staff members or an intern from our Work & Study program. They are in charge of organising and leading these activities, during which they will also encourage you to speak as much Spanish as possible. The Cultural Events Programme is organised for all our students with enthusiasm and eye for detail. The activities take place after class or occasionally at the weekend, and so do not clash with studying hours.
Spark is made up of a passionate team of educators who are dedicated to making your experience memorable whilst pushing your usage of Spanish. What makes the Spark team special is how they link roles, for example your Spanish teacher will also run the cultural activity and also one sleeps in the Spark residence. This set up means that students feel part of a Spanish learning family, sharing micro moments, like Spanish chat over breakfast or cooking a tortilla together for dinner, that just are not possible in other settings. The energy, enthusiasm and cariño (caring nature) of the staff will mean you will never feel alone and will not just see the staff as teachers but also as friends.
- All teachers are fully qualified natives
- One teacher is also the trip organizer, running cultural activities, doing pick ups and staying in Sparkville residence and sharing in micro moments with you
- The owners of Spark are past students and past teachers meaning they understand both parts of a language school
- Spark staff strive to create a family feeling making it an inclusive experience for all
- There is always a past student who also stays in the residence to provide inside information on how to make most of your stay, as well as tips on how to learn as fast as possible
- All spark staff are recruited first and foremost due to caring and enthusiastic personalities, making Spark a welcoming and fun place to be
Have a question about Spark or our staff?
Social event coordinators/Spanish teachers who stay in residence
If you stay at our Sparkville Residence, you will always be living alongside one of our social events coordinators whose job it is to organise and direct the cultural activities every week and encourage you to speak as much Spanish as possible. Their presence ensures that there´s always someone at hand to help you with any problems or enquiries.
Rafa your amazing cultural events coordinators and teacher.
Our teachers are all native Spaniards who have spoken the language since birth and know it inside out. As well as this inherent knowledge, they are fully qualified in teaching Spanish and all have experience in teaching as a foreign language. We select our teachers not only on their qualifications and experience, but for their desire to run dynamic and innovative classes. You can therefore be assured that you are learning the language from those who know it from the very best.
Marina the Spanish teacher!
From cleaners to reception staff, everyone at Spark is a confident Spanish speaker dedicated to getting you to speak loads. Whether you only spend the mornings at Spark for your daily lessons, or eat meals and hang out with other
students as a guest in our Residence, you´ll always be surrounded by Spanish speakers, giving you a brilliant immersion experience.
Iris the cleaner!
Our Team at Spark!